I recently discovered that EQ3 in Canada is selling products from this famous Finnish design company. How exciting and rejuvenating !
2] Paint something with a bright, unexpected color.
If you don't have the nerve, or the right furnishings to paint a whole wall, consider using bright colors on a smaller scale :
- inside a medicine cabinet
- wall above your kitchen cupboards
- window frame
- powder room ceiling
- closet shelves
3] Create a new focal point or vignette with your prize possessions.
- choose a wall with good sight lines, and uncluttered with electrical outlets, switches, architectural details, etc.
- center a piece of your furniture on the wall [can be a table, chair, credenza or a combination depending on the floor space you have]. It should be about 2/3 - 3/4 of the wall width.
- hang your artwork above, leaving some space around it to breathe and making sure it's large enough to fill the space without feeling crowded
- accessorize your furniture with your complementary collectables such as a lamp, sculpture, vases, bowls, etc. They may encroach on the space in front of your art, but not by too much.
- paint or wallpaper the wall to match
Enjoy and have some fun!