More Fabulous Sources of Design Inspiration
Down with Love, 1993
- a really fluffy girl movie with wonderfully re-created 1960's interiors throughout the film; we love the black, yellow, pink and white color palettes!
The Dark Knight, 2008
- New York's dark side - multiple amazing interiors especially the Mayor's gala event that the Joker crashes
The Big Lebowski, 1998
- one of my favorite actors John Turturro and architects Richard Neutra
Diamonds are Forever, 1958
- another Neutra interior
Auntie Mame, 1958
- an amazingly styled authentic 1950's film; again, we love the all white interior!
- Tony Montana's bathtub - almost makes us want to be a drug dealers!
Quantum of Solace, 2008
- partly designed by Italian architect/ designer Antonio Citterio, who Y met during her design internship in Milan, 1996.
What Women Want, 2000
- Mel sucks but his apartment in the movie is awesome !
Lost in Translation, 2003
- So Japanese - so Zen - what's not to love ?
I Am Love, 2009
- So Italian !!! Love the richness and classic details [not to mention Tilde's clothing]
The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover, 1989
- another fabulous Jean Paul Gaultier project
ok so who's counting?
Other movies with fabulous interiors not included, but should be :
- American Psycho
- Austin Powers [both films]
- Something's Gotta Give
- Single White Female
- Year of the Locust
- Sex in the City [first one]